Chatlog 2010-10-01 Project 3

From W3C eGovernment Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<sandro> Present:     Brand_Niemann, Ed_Summers, Gannon_Dick, Michael_Hausenblas, Sandro Hawke
<sandro> Guest: Deirdre Lee
11:52:43 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #egov
11:52:43 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-irc
11:52:45 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
11:52:45 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #egov
11:52:47 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV
11:52:47 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
11:52:48 <trackbot> Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
11:52:48 <trackbot> Date: 01 October 2010
11:53:09 <mhausenblas> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2010Sep/0048.html
11:53:14 <mhausenblas> Chair: Michael
11:53:20 <mhausenblas> scribenick: mhausenblas 
11:53:36 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:53:36 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
11:53:42 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, make logs public
11:59:23 <mhausenblas> Zakim, code?
11:59:23 <Zakim> the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), mhausenblas
11:59:28 <Zakim> T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has now started
11:59:36 <Zakim> + +3539149aaaa
11:59:58 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aaaa is me
11:59:58 <Zakim> +mhausenblas; got it
12:00:31 <mhausenblas> sandro, will you join us today? 
12:01:03 <Zakim> +Sandro
12:02:48 <Zakim> + +1.703.268.aabb
12:03:03 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aabb is Brand
12:03:03 <Zakim> +Brand; got it
12:03:48 <mhausenblas> Topic: Admin
12:04:00 <mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see http://www.w3.org/2010/09/17-egov-minutes.html
12:04:24 <Brand> +1
12:04:30 <mhausenblas> RESOLUTION: group accepts the minutes from last meeting
12:04:39 <Zakim> + +1.508.333.aacc
12:04:56 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aacc is gdick 
12:04:56 <Zakim> +gdick; got it
12:04:59 <mhausenblas>  http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/products/20
12:05:11 <mhausenblas> MacTed, are you around?
12:05:35 <mhausenblas> assuming your action continues, MacTed ...
12:05:51 <mhausenblas> Topic: Linked Open Government Application Challenge straw man call
12:05:57 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft
12:06:44 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft#To_Do
12:07:28 <mhausenblas> Michael: need to go through the open issues
12:07:44 <mhausenblas> Brand: get the sunlight foundation involved
12:12:02 <mhausenblas> Michael: my bad, I didn't mark the actions correctly, so this was not visible - now updated with product "Government Linked Data (GLD) Demo"
12:14:26 <mhausenblas> ACTION: Brand to contact Sunlight Foundation regarding participation in the Linked Open Government Application Challenge
12:14:26 <trackbot> Created ACTION-116 - Contact Sunlight Foundation regarding participation in the Linked Open Government Application Challenge [on Brand Niemann - due 2010-10-08].
12:16:55 <mhausenblas> Michael: what about organisation?
12:19:10 <mhausenblas> ACTION: sandro to check back with W3C legal about the organisation status
12:19:10 <trackbot> Created ACTION-117 - Check back with W3C legal about the organisation status [on Sandro Hawke - due 2010-10-08].
12:19:51 <mhausenblas> find all new actions at http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/track/products/20
12:20:40 <mhausenblas> Sandro: Re website, one option would be www.w3.org/egov/XXX
12:21:09 <Zakim> -gdick
12:21:37 <mhausenblas> Michael: we need a good name
12:22:07 <mhausenblas> Sandro: Settle on GLD, also the upcoming WG will be called like this
12:23:22 <Zakim> +gdick
12:23:56 <mhausenblas> Michael: GLD works for me, but need to emphasis apps
12:24:31 <mhausenblas> ... GLD Application Challenge 
12:25:19 <mhausenblas> Michael: re time frame
12:25:40 <sandro> +1
12:26:32 <mhausenblas> sandro: re time frame, let's work back from an event were we want to present the winners
12:26:46 <mhausenblas> ... for example the Gov summit in Washington in May 2011
12:27:01 <Zakim> + +3539149aadd
12:27:14 <sandro> s/Gov/Gov 2.0/
12:27:45 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
12:27:45 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, Brand, gdick, +3539149aadd
12:27:59 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aadd is Deirdre
12:27:59 <Zakim> +Deirdre; got it
12:28:03 <Brand> I just sent a request to Sunlight Labs to let us know who the new director is and if they are interested in supporting / participating in out Challenge
12:28:13 <mhausenblas> Zakim, who's here?
12:28:13 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, Brand, gdick, Deirdre
12:28:14 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, gdick, Brand, tlr, mhausenblas, trackbot, edsu, sandro
12:29:33 <Brand> http://semanticommunity.net
12:30:34 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:30:34 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:30:52 <Brand> I need to go to another call, thanks
12:30:57 <Zakim> -Brand
12:31:41 <deirdreLee_> deirdreLee_ has joined #egov
12:31:50 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft
12:32:01 <mhausenblas> Brand we lost you on the call  
12:34:22 <Brand> I had to go to another call - sorry
12:34:42 <mhausenblas> ok, Brand, thanks a lot! 
12:36:45 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes 
12:36:45 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:37:06 <mhausenblas> sandro: trying to think of what possibilities there are for venues
12:37:15 <mhausenblas> ... like ORA Gov Summit
12:37:21 <sandro> what to attach it to?         O'Reilly Gov 2.0 Summit may be too American
12:37:33 <sandro> s/Summit/Expo/
12:38:19 <sandro> also, WWW2011, ISWC, ESWC
12:39:11 <mhausenblas> Michael: I don't think conferences are a good place
12:39:21 <sandro> more government-oriented would be better.
12:39:42 <sandro> michael: right, better to have policy makers, decision makers, end customers.
12:41:04 <mhausenblas> public-egov-ig@w3.org
12:41:25 <edsu> is it worth joining the call now, sorry i missed it
12:41:45 <mhausenblas> edsu, always worth it ;)
12:41:46 <sandro> :-)
12:43:02 <mhausenblas> Michael: Deirdre volunteered to come up with a list of potential targets for the venue
12:43:10 <Zakim> +[LC]
12:43:22 <mhausenblas> Zakim, LC edsu 
12:43:22 <Zakim> I don't understand 'LC edsu', mhausenblas
12:43:29 <mhausenblas> Zakim, [LC] edsu 
12:43:29 <Zakim> I don't understand '[LC] edsu', mhausenblas
12:43:35 <mhausenblas> Zakim, [LC] is edsu 
12:43:35 <Zakim> +edsu; got it
12:43:45 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Projects/GLD_Demo/ChallengeDraft
12:47:03 <edsu> incidentally ran across this at amazon aws workshop, not sure if you guys knew about it already http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/openei/
12:47:43 <edsu> scan for "Linked Open Data"
12:51:07 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
12:51:07 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
12:52:54 <Zakim> -gdick
12:54:09 <Zakim> +gdick
12:55:29 <mhausenblas> edsu: at last WWW there was quite some interest (FB, etc.), right?
12:58:14 <mhausenblas> Sandro: potential judges: Ellen Miller, TimBL, TimORA, US CTO/CIO, other non-US high-level govt folks
12:59:59 <edsu> q+ to ask about collecting possible venues to announce
13:00:06 <mhausenblas> ack edsu 
13:00:06 <Zakim> edsu, you wanted to ask about collecting possible venues to announce
13:01:36 <mhausenblas> edsu: shall we collect announce/promotion channels?
13:01:51 <mhausenblas> Michael: yes please, on the Wiki 
13:02:07 <mhausenblas> Topic: AOB
13:02:20 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:02:20 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:02:39 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
13:02:40 <Zakim> -Deirdre
13:02:40 <Zakim> -Sandro
13:02:41 <Zakim> -gdick
13:02:41 <Zakim> -edsu
13:02:41 <Zakim> T&S_EGOV(LD Demo)8:00AM has ended
13:02:43 <Zakim> Attendees were +3539149aaaa, mhausenblas, Sandro, +1.703.268.aabb, Brand, +1.508.333.aacc, gdick, +3539149aadd, Deirdre, edsu
13:02:47 <mhausenblas> trackbot, end telecon 
13:02:47 <trackbot> Sorry, mhausenblas, I don't understand 'trackbot, end telecon '. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
13:03:00 <mhausenblas> trackbot, stop telecon 
13:03:00 <trackbot> Sorry, mhausenblas, I don't understand 'trackbot, stop telecon '. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
13:03:07 <gdick> gdick has left #egov
13:03:23 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes 
13:03:23 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/10/01-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000132