From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Behavioral Adaptive Content
- A reader accesses an index from the body of a book by tapping on an indexed term and viewing a pop-up display of the relevant index entries and sub-entries. Pop-up might display related index terms (e.g. all terms in the category "flowers") or a snippet of the index (e.g. index entries, sub-entries, and cross references)
- Identification of index terms
- index terms must be linked to body text
- establish method for identifying index term categories
- establish index term hierarchy (often accomplished with list structure)
- establish index term cross-reference relationship ("see" and "see also" references)
- PUBLISHERS-ALL, USERS-ALL, RETAILERS.
- Ranking will be done as a separate activity later. For now, leave this field as 'TBD'
- Optional, links to other entries in the corpus
- Relevant W3C group(s)/specification(s)
- HTML, ???
- A list of terms that could serve as potential attributes has been assembled by the forthcoming IDPF EPUB 3 Indexing spec
- Submitted by
- Tzviya Siegman
- Always uses one of the values NEW | REJECTED | ACCEPTED