Even with the split and the seeming stalled evolution of the ECMAScript standard, we did experience a major revolution in 2005 when Jesse James Garrett coined the phrase and presented the technique we now know as Ajax.
In 2008 the split parties came together in Oslo in an effort to take up the standards process again and drive the language forward using an agenda that is known as Harmony.
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(programming_language)
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Eich
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netscape
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Andreessen
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecma_International
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W3C
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHAT-WG
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_James_Garrett
-  http://www.prototypejs.org/
-  http://jquery.com/
-  http://www.dojofoundation.org/projects/dojo
-  http://mootools.net/
-  http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:harmony
-  http://nodejs.org/