From Web Education Community Group
It was also at this point where the various parties involved split into two separate groups, much in the same fashion as what happened at the W3C around HTML and the formation of the WHAT-WG.
Even with the split and the seeming stalled evolution of the ECMAScript standard, we did experience a major revolution in 2005 when Jesse James Garrett coined the phrase and presented the technique we now know as Ajax.
In 2008 the split parties came together in Oslo in an effort to take up the standards process again and drive the language forward using an agenda that is known as Harmony.
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(programming_language)
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Eich
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netscape
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Andreessen
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecma_International
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W3C
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHAT-WG
-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_James_Garrett
-  http://www.prototypejs.org/
-  http://jquery.com/
-  http://www.dojofoundation.org/projects/dojo
-  http://mootools.net/
-  http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:harmony
-  http://nodejs.org/