Skip to toolbar

Community & Business Groups

User interaction & experience group

Hi all,

I just made a community group proposal around user interaction and user experience for Web application. Here is the pitch:

“As the number of Web applications is exponential, the capability to link user activity from application to another is also growing. However, these connections are more or less relying on specific models and APIs and set-up of a new connected application needs a tons of one-to-one configuration. This group will try to gather from these experience in order to build a more coherent model for sharing – semantically enabled & privacy safe – interaction data in order to provide better user experience among web applications.”

The overall goal would be try to leverage the use of existing semantic format (FOAF, SIOC, SKOS…) and try to link them with other initiatives like APML or ActivityStream but trying to (1) enable real semantics and (2) focus on privacy safety. The goal would be to enrich user experience and also make a better use of any data that user generates during the interaction with web application.

Anyone interested ?

2 Responses to User interaction & experience group

• Hi,

It is area of my interest. User interaction and experience is the most concerned area for internet users and developers. I will support this group and want to be a part of this.

• The group is open ! I’m still waiting for W3C staff to validate my participation (quite strange BTW…). As soon as I could start, I would like to open a proposal around a semantic-enhanced APML format to express user interests.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Before you comment here, note that this forum is moderated and your IP address is sent to Akismet, the plugin we use to mitigate spam comments.