Development Linked Data Community Group
The goal of this group is to discuss the standards and best practices to expose Open Development Data as Linked Data.
Open Development data sets
List of data sets and data providers of development related data. All the items listed below are candidate for "triplification" to expose the data as 5-star Linked Data and interconnect it.
- International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI): Through the International Aid Transparency Initiative donors are encouraged to publish timely and detailed information on their aid activities, budgets, spending, locations of work, related documents and activity results. This data is shared in a standard format in individual donor files available through the IATI Registry.
- IDS Knowledge Services API: The Knowledge Services Open API provides easy programmatic access to tens of thousands of thematically organised research documents that are freely available online
- data.worldbank.org: Open Development Data sources list from the World Bank on a variety of topics vital to expressing trends in the developing world.
- Web Index: Designed and produced by the World Wide Web Foundation, the Web Index is the world’s first multi-dimensional measure of the Web’s growth, utility and impact on people and nations. It covers 61 developed and developing countries, incorporating indicators that assess the political, economic and social impact of the Web, as well as indicators of Web connectivity and infrastructure. (see also de-referencable data)
- ReDD-Observatory: Using the Web of Data for Evaluating the Research-Disease Disparity. The ReDD-Observatory is a project to evaluate the disparity between active areas of biomedical research and the global burden of disease using Linked Data and data-driven discovery. (see also http://redd.aksw.org/)
Vocabulary and best practices
The following section discusses a choice of vocabularies and best practices to expose development data on the Web.
Use-cases for Development Linked Data
What would you do if you had access to interconnected development data? This section discusses a number of possible use-cases, in terms of problems that could be solved or data mashup - for instance, related to the usage of triplified development data.
This section contains a collection of pointers to related activities.