Almost all of the group's documents are being published today as a Second Last Call (with a signal that the group does not intend to make a separate call for implementations). Among other things this will be a trigger to contact IANA about registering the 'describedby' relationship type and the two POWDER MIME types.
Meanwhile progress is being made on various code items:
- The XSLT for POWDER to POWDER-BASE should be available any time now with the transformation from POWDER-BASE to POWDER-S to follow around the end of this week.
- A POWDER-S processor that uses Jena and Pellet exists with code available at source forge but this needs additional documentation before we can point to it as an implementation. There may be one or two minor additions to make as well.
- A POWDER-Processor written in PHP is under development and should be available by the end of the month.
- A (Perl) validator is online now that also does the POWDER to POWDER-BASE transformation. This is very nearly complete will be moved to validator.w3.org before long.
- The transformation function is also available as a separate script.
- Much of the code is also used in a second POWDER Processor.
The important point to note here being that there is a growing body of running code that will be available within the next 2-3 weeks. We remain on target to complete our work and seek transition to Proposed Recommendation before Christmas.
The group spent a little time discussing the future of POWDER. Areas such as building the trust model and using POWDER in profile-matching systems are those that seem most likely to be developed in future.