The SPARQL Working Group
has published a First Public Working Draft of SPARQL 1.1 Federation Extensions, which defines extensions to the SPARQL Query Language to support distributed SPARQL query execution. The group also published 5 updates, listed below. The group seeks feedback, particularly on open issues identified in each document.
- SPARQL 1.1 Query adds support for aggregates, subqueries, projected expressions, and negation to the SPARQL query language.
- SPARQL 1.1 Update defines an update language for RDF graphs.
- SPARQL 1.1 Service Description defines a vocabulary and discovery mechanism for describing the
capabilities of a SPARQL endpoint.
- SPARQL 1.1 Uniform HTTP Protocol for Managing RDF Graphs describes the use of the HTTP protocol for managing named RDF
graphs on an HTTP server.
- SPARQL 1.1 Entailment Regimes defines conditions under which SPARQL queries can be used with
entailment regimes such as RDF, RDF Schema, OWL, or RIF.