During the month of August, W3C staff presented at two meetings focused on raising the visibility of Web internationalization in India.
Under the eagis of the Indian Government’s Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, the International Workshop on Internationalization, organized by the W3C Office, was held on 3-4 August in New Delhi, and the Summit on Internationalization of Web, organized by Manufacturers’ Association for Information Technology (MAIT), was held on 24-25 August in Bangalore.
Program and slides: Delhi
A page is now available that points to material supporting Richard Ishida’s tutorial at the World Wide Web Conference in Edinburgh at the end of May. Modules include:
- Practical and Cultural Issues
- Character sets & encodings in XHTML, HTML and CSS
- Declaring language in XHTML and HTML
- Understanding the new language tags
- Script issues (read about text direction and text wrapping in particular)
- Creating (X)HTML Pages in Arabic & Hebrew
- Script issues (read text direction and text wrapping in particular)
- CSS3 and International Text