Minutes Telecon 2014-04-23
- fantasai requested more attention to the Backgrounds and Borders change in spread-radius including some assistance writing a document to illustrate the changes.
- Resolved: FPWD of Non-element Selectors
- The group expressed a desire to have a level number added to the name, though what number it should be will decided on the mailing list.
- The group inquired about the specifics of how division by infinity would be handled based on this proposal to Values and Units. There was also a lot of uncertainty about if the sign of 0 should be tracked. It was felt that since current behavior creates a parsing error, no changes needed to be made to level 3.
- Resolved: Add calc() algebra to level 4 and keep an issue in there about +0/-0 handling
- Conversation about subgrid will stay on the mailing list.
- When discussing a request to reconsider handling of percentage margins/padding, Tab expressed a desire to keep grid and flexbox consistent, no matter the final decision. Rossen stated that Microsoft would have lots of backwards compatibly issues if the handling of grid was changed at this point.
- Resolved: Keep current behavior where percent vertical padding/margins resolve against height
- It was felt that what the current flexbox spec said should happen to item height when max-height was applied to a flex container was clear, but that the alternate Blink behavior was more desirable.
- Resolved: Change the spec’s (flexbox) max-height implementation to match Blink’s implementation
- Discussion on box model/render tree was deferred to next week.
- In conversation about the potential of a
:role() selector there was agreement about it being interesting and/or possible to work around the dependency issues with a pseudo-class matching ARIA roles, but discussion will continue on the mailing list.
- There wasn’t certainty that the last grammar combinator (proposed here) was needed, but exploration will continue. TabAtkins suggested a ?? combinator, which wasn’t adored. Other possibilities were brought up in IRC after the telecon ended.
« Previous article
Next article »