Minutes Tokyo F2F June 2013 Part VI: Fonts, Text Decoration
- Resolved: Leave synthesis of italics in vertical text undefined.
- Resolved: Accept Tab’s proposal for
@font-feature-values object model, with change from string to numbers.
- Resolved: Discussed whether
@font-feature-values is an at-rule. (It is.)
- Resolved: We will use Promises in the font loading API.
- Resolved: We will not add Glenn’s proposal of
- Resolved: If an element has
text-decoration set and
font-variant non-normal, then we synthesize superscripts and subscripts, and text-decoration follows those metrics.
- Deferring any extensions to current
font-language-override feature to level 4.
Full minutes: Part I, Part II
- Resolved: Text decoration doesn’t consider descendant content for line thickness or positioning. (Note, this resolution was later superseded to make the behavior undefined.)
text-underline-position: alphabetic and
« Previous article
Next article »