CSS WG Blog
Minutes Tokyo F2F Part V: Core Syntax, Con…
Minutes Tokyo F2F Part V: Core Syntax, Conditional Rules Syntax, Variables Syntax, Media Queries Syntax, Misc Syntax
Conditional Rules / Core Syntax
- Resolved: Whenever error-recovery closes open blocks, urls, strings, functions, brackets, etc., it implies the minimal tokens to close those constructs.
\[EOF] turns into
U+FFFD except when inside a string, in which case it just gets dropped.
- Resolved: Clarify that
@supports rules invalid.
!important allowed in
- Resolved: Publish CR with updates for CSS3 Conditional Rules.
@charset handling and removing unused encodings. Conclusion to leave in issue and ask for feedback whether to add additional encoding patterns.
- Resolved: Charset propagation from linking document is same-origin. Leave issue open until we’re more sure of this being stable.
- Resolved: NUL gets turned into replacement char U+FFFD.
- Confirmed that
non-ascii is updated to include all non-ASCII chars.
- Resolved: loosen the rules describing the way comments are serialized
- “Safe but pointless” change to
UNICODE-RANGE token was discussed. No resolution recorded.
- Reviewed addition of attribute-matching tokens for reducing lookahead.
- Reviewed addition of
- Reviewed change to
NUMBER token (to include sign).
- Reviewed change to bracket-matching of
- dbaron asked whether
CDC were correctly fixed. No response was recorded in the minutes.
- Resolved: Escaping in An+B notation falls out of tokenization rules. (Isn’t specialized for An+B.)
- Syntax is missing section that actually defines interpreting CSS syntax into style rules, at rules, etc.
- Resolved: Add Simon Sapin as co-editor.
Full minutes: Part I, Part II
- Resolved: Can’t put unmatched
; into variables
Media Queries and Misc
- Resolved: Media Aueries requires white space on both sides of a conjunction keyword.
- Resolved: Clarify in grammar that idents followed by open parenthesis must have white space between the two unless it’s a function. (I.e. use
S+ instead of
- Resolved: String and URL types for
attr() literally takes the attribute’s value without parsing; CSS escapes are not interpreted.
« Previous article
Next article »