Minutes Telecon 2013-04-10
- Liam to add proposal for advanced line-breaking to CSS Text Level 4.
- Resolved: Cascading Variables moves to Last Call. Inform WebApps, SVG, HTML WGs.
- Resolved: Do not adopt MediaQueries-style invalidation for Selectors due to Web-compat concerns.
- Discussed allowing
#123abc to be a valid ID selector, to match HTML5. Need to collect data on this.
:nth-child()/etc don’t require a parent: they’re based on siblings. This is a change from Selectors Level 3 REC.
- Resolved: Changed specificity of
:matches() to the specificity of the actual matched selector.
- Resolved: Define a new selector that matches element that is either completely empty or contains only whitespace. Note: Need naming suggestions.
- Resolved: Accept the proposal to have two profiles of Selectors, with “fast” for CSS Selectors and “complete” for Selectors API.
« Previous article
Next article »