Minutes Telecon 2012-12-05
- Discussed February F2F logistics.
- Objection to publishing CSS3 Text LC before next F2F.
- Resolved: Publish CSS3 Fonts WD
- Resolved: No exceptional zeroing of negative margins for flex items.
- Resolved: Min/max clamping step of resolving flexible lengths does not pass cross-size limits through aspect ratio into main size flex computations.
- Various Flexbox clarifications reviewed: Set A, Set B, Set C.
- Issue on handling aspect ratio during main size computations still being worked out. See thread and proposed changes.
- Discussed case-sensitivity of CSS identifiers. Internationalization Working Group recommends Unicode case-folding. Anne van Kesteren recommends ASCII-folding. Points brought up:
- Some implementations seem to do some form of Unicode case-insensitivity for class name matching. Some do ASCII-only.
- HTML spec requires ASCII-folding only for its case-insensitivity.
- ASCII-folding is easier to implement correctly.
- ASCII-folding is really weird for non-English languages with case.
- Previous uses of case-insensitivity were ASCII-only idents, where this wasn’t a usability issue.
No conclusions yet.
« Previous article
Next article »