Minutes Telecon 2012-10-24
- Resolved: Allow full syntactic flexibility in ordering for box-shadow. Keep same requirements on what’s required in the declaration (at least 2 lengths). Edit CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders accordingly.
- Discussed disallowing viewport-relative units in
@page declarations that size the initial containing block. Also discussed whether such units are resolved at computed value time (relative to ICB) or used value time (relative to the page). Plan to ask for feedback from CSS-to-print/PDF implementers, since they have more experience / use cases than browser vendors do.
- Discussed proposed edits to
@supports to make invalid parenthesized expressions also evaluate to false, rather than invalidating the rule.
- Discussed Tab’s proposed draft for display-inside/display-outside/etc. Will return to the topic at TPAC. Generally people feel this makes sense. Some concern about being incompatible with Bert’s mental model of how CSS works, and whether authors actually need the property split.
- Resolved: BOM takes precedence over HTTP. Errata CSS2.1, edit CSS3 Syntax to fix this.
- Discussed rules for fragmenting inline blocks.
« Previous article
Next article »