Minutes and Resolutions Paris F2F 2012: On Syntax – Functional Notation, Values and Units, Nested Style Rules
Values and Units
There are no known substantive open issues other than
attr() syntax; plan to go to Last Call after that is resolved.
Nested Style Rules
Discussed various issues with nested style rules proposal including:
- Use of
& is troublesome for embedding in <style>.
- Object model is insufficient, and editability is problematic.
- Interleaving of declarations and sub-rules is problematic.
- Need to distinguish that this is a proposal to the WG from one vendor, not a WG-sanctioned draft.
- Invalidation rules could be improved.
- Prioritization with respect to other modules: there are already too many higher-priority items on the WG agenda for us to dedicate resources to this now.
« Previous article
Next article »