Minutes and Resolutions Seattle F2F Tuesday AM: paint servers, pointer-events, filters
Day 3 of the Seattle CSSWG F2F was an FXTF joint meeting with the SVGWG.
SVG Paint and CSS Images
- Resolved: Tab to add wording to CSS Image Values 4 about how SVG Paint Servers apply to CSS.
- Resolved: Tab to draft something about how CSS image values apply to SVG. This will live in the CSS Image values 4 spec for now (it may move later).
- Resolved: The new image generator methods (eg. turbulence) to be added to CSS Image Values 4
- Some concern about restraining scope / keeping syntax sane for the new
image generator methods.
Hit Testing and Transparency, pointer-events
- Resolved: List all the current values for pointer events, everything other than
none is treated as
auto unless applied to SVG content
- Resolved: Add an author conformance criteria saying that they should not use the other
pointer-events values outside of SVG
- Resolved: Add
pointer-events: auto to SVG 2
- Resolved: Drop the SVG UA stylesheet rules. Add a note saying that SVG will be adding
auto as the default value in a future spec.
- Discussion of click-jacking via
<iframe> and other security implications of
pointer-events and the hit testing model
- Resolved: Integrate Hixie’s proposal on hit testing and define hit-testing in CSS 3 UI and coordinate with SVGWG for harmonizing with SVG.
- Discussion of opacity-sensitive hit testing and hit testing masks.
- Discussion on merging SVG Filters and CSS Filters into one spec
- Discussion on custom filters: problems, advantages
- Discussion on interaction of hit testing and filters
« Previous article
Next article »