CSS WG Blog
Minutes and Resolutions F2F Kyoto Sat: CSS…
Minutes and Resolutions F2F Kyoto Sat: CSS3 Fonts, Regions, @viewport, Variables, @supports, Selectors4, Administrivia
- Discussed same origin restriction on @font-face. There are differing
opinions on whether resources loaded through @font-face should be
restricted or unrestricted by default. It was pointed out that the
restriction is on anything loaded through @font-face, not on fonts
only; conversely it does not apply to font files loaded via other
mechanisms. It was also pointed out that the suggested solutions were
HTTP-specific, whereas @font-face is protocol-agnostic.
- Discussed superscripts/subscripts and fantasai and dbaron’s proposal: The proposal handles nested superscripts/subscripts, changes in font
size within the superscript/subscript, and the inclusion of atomic
inlines such as images. It works by computing values that synthesize
the superscripts/subscripts and then undoing the synthesis settings
when setting characters for which specialized glyphs are available.
- Reviewed status of spec and implementations
- Resolved: Switch content-order to take <integer>
- Discussed syntax for pushing to/pulling from named flows.
- Briefly discussed integration of regions with multicol and grid layout
Re-reviewed the draft. Some issues were raised against the draft;
some concerns were raised about putting this in CSS. No objections
were raised for moving towards FPWD.
Variables and Mixins
- Resolved: Allow Tab to work on a css3 variables editor’s draft, no guarantee we’ll move it to FPWD.
- Tab presented a mixins proposal and received very strong objections.
- Tab presented a proposal to nest style rules which received a lukewarm reception.
CSS3 Conditional Rules
- David Baron presented a draft for:
- @supports rule to check for property:value support in the UA
- @document rule to apply rules to a particular set of URLs
- nesting at-rules inside @media
- Resolved: Add this draft as CSS3 Conditional Rules (css3-conditional)
Selectors Level 4
- fantasai presented the idea of a new level of Selectors. The current
draft excludes pseudo-elements (which would be a separate module) and
- :matches() and :not() that take a comma-separated list of selectors
- :dir(ltr) and :dir(rtl) that match against the markup-determined
- the ability to choose which component of a selector represents its
- Resolved: Move forward with Selectors 4
Other: text-overflow, gradients
- Resolved: Add the two-value <string> syntax to text-overflow in CSS3 Basic UI, marked at-risk.
- Resolved: gradients use bearing angles (0deg upwards, increasing clockwise)
Administrivia: Module Template, Test Suite Owners, Charter, F2F Scheduling
- Resolved: Update all modules to the latest module template, once
it has been updated with the latest Snapshot wording.
- Resolved: Establish official “test owner” position parallel to the editor,
who is responsible for ensuring the correctness and completion
of the test suite.
- Resolved: that the charter lists should be organized not by “priority” but
by what status we expect specs to reach by the end of the charter
(and need to be edited accordingly)
- Resolved: Meet for 3 days at TPAC
- Resolved: Try to schedule a meeting in August probably in Seattle
« Previous article
Next article »