CSS WG Blog
Minutes and Resolutions TPAC F2F 2010 Mond…
Minutes and Resolutions TPAC F2F 2010 Monday Afternoon: MultiCol, Flexbox, GCPM
CSS3 Multi-Column Layout
- Resolved: If a columnspanning element doesn’t fit within the multicol element without overflowing, then it doesn’t span anymore.
- Resolved: column-span applies to “in-flow block-level elements”
- Resolved: column-spanning elements are BFC roots always
- Resolved: Initial value of column-span is ‘none’ (to distinguish BFC behavior of 1-spanning and not-spanning).
- Resolved: Columns overflowing due to forced breaks and not constrained height overflow to the right, rather than wrapping to a new column row below. Note this causes dataloss when printing.
- Resolved: Change prefix from box- to flex-
- Resolved: Combine box-orient and box-direction into flex-direction
- Resolved: Split box-flex into flex-grow and flex-shrink
- Resolved: ‘auto’ margins flex as 1
- Resolved: Drop box-flex-group
- Resolved: Mark multiline at-risk.
- Resolved: Rename box-ordinal-group to either flex-order or flex-index (mark exact name as issue)
- Resolved: Mark entire transverse alignment as an issue until further notice.
- Discussed problem of specially styling pages that are the first or last page of a named page set, or that belong to the spread containing that first or last page.
- Discussed problem of tweaking page size to handle widows or orphans.
- Discussed hyphenate-last-line-avoid property proposal.
« Previous article
Next article »