Minutes and Resolutions Oslo F2F Tuesday 2010-08-24: GCPM, MQ, Flexbox, Multicol, box-shadow, Publications, Future F2Fs
CSS3 Generated Content for Paged Media
Håkon would like to prepare the module for CR. Several people feel many of the features would be better placed in more appropriate modules, e.g. hyphenation to CSS3 Text. Some features may be underdefined. But nobody objected to any of the features fundamentally.
Reviewed several other features including:
- cmyk() colors, which were proposed to rename device-cmyk() since they do not use a device-specific color profile.
- bookmarks, which should have more examples added to explain their usage
line-box-contain, which needs more investigation
- Plan to add pointer-events to UI module edited by Tantek.
- Correct default behavior uncertain, needs testcases and investigation.
- Resolved: Try and move AC review of charter forward, to get UI module in it and publish a LC asap.
Resolved: Publish CSS Styling Attributes as Candidate Recommendation.
- Reviewed status of test suite. Mostly waiting for another implementation to fix all its parsing errors; Mozilla passes all tests.
- Suggested to remove ‘color-index’; WG disagrees.
- Anne suggested a revision draft (Media Queries 3.1) to include serialization, media type deifnitions, making extensions by other specs easier, and maybe adding OM deifnitions. (WG considers copying media type definitions from CSS2.1 an editorial issue, so that part should be ok to fix in this version as well.)
Resolved: 2010 Snapshot is 2007 Snapshot + Media Queries
- Need a Selectors 3.1 spec to define serialization and OM (not required for UAs without an OM).
- Discussed flex units and alternatives
- Resolved: ISSUE-138 Out-of-flow elements are treated as placeholders during flexbox construction, similar to tables.
- Resolved:ISSUE-140 ‘max-width/height’ on a flexbox child limits the size of the element; if this results in a shorter box than any other in its row, it is aligned as if box-align: before.
- Resolved: Baseline of a flexbox is the baseline of its first child. Note: this may be revisited based on use cases. ISSUE-141.
- Resolved: ISSUE-142
box-ordinal-group also reorders stacking order; i.e. it reorders the box tree.
- Resolved: ISSUE-143 Preferred width of flexbox children is ‘max-content’ not ‘fit-content’.
- ISSUE-144 Discussed distribution of negative space. Agreed that applying flex calculation with negative space is not ideal; alternatives to be investigated, including 1) ignoring flex when available space is negative 2) adopting TeX’s glue algorithms.
- Resolved: ISSUE-145 Contiguous non-replaced inline elements are wrapped into a single anonymous block. Atomic inline-level elements are individually wrapped into flexboxen.
- Resolved: Use border-collapse border-style behavior for column rules.
- Resolved: Column rules are not clipped by the multicol element horizontally; but are drawn to the height of the multicol element vertically.
- Resolved: Column rules are drawn “immediately below the border (above the background) of the multi-column element”.
- Resolved: ISSUE-129 Specified height does not disable column balancing unless content overflows.
- Resolved: Column-spanning elements have an effective column-span of 1 when occurring in an overflow column.
- Specification of box-shadow’s blur radius has been fixed.
- Resolved: Not altering stacking order of inset box-shadow to paint over content, since it would be a significant change from current implementations and would delay dropping prefixes. May add keyword to do this in the future.
- Resolved: Publish CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders as Candidate Recommendation.
Tentatively scheduled: March 7-9 (MTW) 2010 in Mountain View and June 1-3 (WTF) 2010 in Tokyo
« Previous article
Next article »