Minutes and Resolutions 2010-04-21
- Shinyu Murakami added as co-editor of
CSS3 Text and
CSS3 Text Layout.
- Resolved: Provisionally accepted bz+fantasai’s table anonymous box proposal for CSS2.1 Issue 109.
- Reviewed CSS3 Fonts issues in Bert’s email and John Daggett’s response:
font-stretch was originally excluded from
font shorthand because the shorthand syntax was very fragile and editors were concerned about adding anything to it. John Daggett to look into whether it’s still a problem, and see if it can be added.
- Agreed to remove note about font format name registry.
- Wrt syntax of
local() being underdefined, seem to have agreement on copying quoting conventions of
- Wrt font-matching algorithm and synthetic bolding, it seems the spec may need some clarification since there is no disagreement in desired behavior, only in reading of the spec text.
font-kerning property to have three values:
- (Initial value) The UA may turn kerning on or off depending on perf or other considerations. Recommended to be always on.
- Kerning is always on (OpenType’s default)
- Kerning is always off.
« Previous article
Next article »