Minutes and Resolutions Cupertino F2F Wednesday 2010-03-31
- Discussed integrating CSSOM with other specs: both defining APIs and using consistent terminology. Anne actioned to write a list of inconsistent and missing terms.
- Terms “property value” and “component value” suggested to distinguish the different uses of “value” in the specs. (Both can be shortened to “value” where non-ambiguous, preserving current spec text in most places.)
- Discussed various ideas for making the CSS Values API more user-friendly.
- Set up a wiki page to track CSSOM numbered constants, to help us avoid conflicts in the specs.
- Discussed CSS editor requirements for CSSOM APIs
- Resolved: Alex and Daniel will start a CSS Editing Task Force for discussing issues relevant to CSS editors and defining their requirements for an object model.
- Resolved: For CSS2.1 Issue 156, use “Once the font family’s weights are mapped onto the CSS scale, missing weights are selected as follows:” as the introductory sentence, then add bulleted list from John Daggett’s email since CSS2.1’s wording misses a few cases.
- Reviewed open issues on CSS3 Color so that dbaron can close them.
- Some discussion on animating gradients
- Resolved: Rename
object-position since SVGWG considers the former ill-suited to their use.
- Tab Atkins ran a long discussion on CSS layout, some specific use cases, and the relationships between template layout and tables, and between flexbox and tables.
- dbaron proposes calculating available height similar to available width, which would allow percentage heights to work even when the parent has
auto height. Since this would be backwards-incompatible, it seems likely this will be used for the
fill keyword instead.
env() date values changed to
local-date-time since they are the system date/time formatted according to the system locale.
border-clip property moved from GCPM to CSS4 Backgrounds and Borders
« Previous article
Next article »