Minutes and Resolutions Cupertino F2F Tuesday 2010-03-30
Transitions and Animations
- Discussed approaches for animation of non-interpolatable properties. Two solutions are possibles: stepwise timing functions, and allowing transition-delay to apply to non-interpolatable properties.
- Resolved: Make all properties animatable. (non-0 values round to 1)
- Resolved: Accept stepwise timing functions, with modifications as suggested the in minutes: step-start and step-end keywords, plus steps(number,[start|end]) function.
- Discussed combining Transitions and Animations somehow. No conclusions reached.
- Discussed reversing animations. This is clearly desired. Also discussed filling other holes in the draft, such as animation-fill-mode.
- Some name changes were suggested, specifically animation-iteration-count to animation-play-count (typability, understandability, and consistency with marquee) and animation-duration to animation-period (avoid confusion with total duration of animation).
- Wrt font variant, discussed and marked as issues:
all-petite-caps were needed
all-petite-caps feature should be triggered by
text-transform: lowercase +
petite-caps fallback should be lowercase letters, synthesized petite-caps, or small-caps
- Discussed superscripts and subscripts, the
character-transform proposal (draft) and how to handle stacked superscripts or subscripts. Steve Zilles outlined a proposal to address this by the parent’s font size to substitute or synthesize the appropriate glyph.
- Re-discussed issue of font-specific feature selection. No conlusion reached because John Daggett vehemently disagrees with requiring font-specific features to be scoped to a specific font.
- dbaron introduced
font-size-adjust: auto, which would give
font-size-adjust the value of the ex-height of the user’s default font, providing an easy way to introduce ex-height calibration and a way to more accurately match the user’s effective default font size for bicameral scripts.
- Reviewed test results for CSS2.1 Issue 114. Straw poll indicates preference for
ident+ syntax for unquoted font-family names within the CSSWG, but SVGWG also needs to be consulted.
- Resolved: Proposal accepted for CSS2.1 Issue 163.
- Resolved: No change for CSS2.1 Issue 162 (position of bullet should follow containing block, not element, directionality). We already have strong interop on the existing behavior, and the behavior makes sense for some non-list use cases of display: list-item. We may consider more control over this for CSS3 Lists.
- Reviewed proposal for CSS2.1 Issue 161. Tab to write updated proposal.
- Resolved: Add non-normative for-example sentence explaining whether the first page of a document is :left or :right for CSS2.1 Issue 160.
- Rediscussed pt vs. px issue proposal (CSS2.1 Issue 149). Still no consensus. fantasai to write specific wording for proposal.
« Previous article
Next article »