CSS WG Blog
- WG will start tracking attendance and use it to determine good/bad standing in the WG starting this month.
- Resolved: Remove slash separating background color and fallback color in
background-color property to solve ISSUE-65.
Rationale: While this makes the property slightly harder to read and requires typing out
transparent in full every time, it solves the 2-token lookahead problem very simply.
- Tentative Resolution: For background layers, the WG agreed that only
background-image should determine the number of background layers. ISSUE-74. Rationale: Less likely to cause confusion for authors or introduce unintended behavior through the cascade. Pending: Since Apple has already implemented the other option, we are waiting to hear back from them. If they agree this issue will be resolved as above.
- Resolved: Proposal accepted for CSS2.1 Issue 91: whitespace that is not rendered still affects where line breaking opportunities occur.
- Resolved: Proposal accepted for CSS2.1 Issue 95 to remove sections 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 (dealing with a page box that doesn’t match the page sheet, which can’t happen in 2.1) from the spec.
- Resolved: The “root em” unit will stay as ‘rem’.
- Resolved: Proposal accepted for CSS2.1 Issue 96 (Rule D mentions all ancestors but forgets the element itself)
« Previous article
Next article »