MInutes and Resolutions 2008-11-12
- Discussed margin collapsing. Agreement that min-height/max-height should not prevent margins from collapsing in order to preserve continuity (current behavior causes jumps in content when you cross the min/max threshold). General agreement that we won’t introduce partial collapsing because it would be new, complicated, and not of significant benefit. Will discuss later once we have a detailed wording proposal.
- Resolved: For CSS2.1 Issue 84 (word-spacing) add proposed text from with sentences reversed.
- Discussed @font-face and duplication: whether various source URLs should override each other or become fallbacks for each other. Conversation deferred to mailing list.
- Discussed CSS2.1 Issue 85 (backslash before newline in an identifier), but came to no conclusion. Browser behavior is inconsistent, open question is whether to be consistent with strings (newline gets dropped) or spaces (newline is escaped and is part of the identifier).
- Peter reminds WG that we have been asked to make last call comments on the Selectors API.
« Previous article
Next article »