- CSS 2007 Snapshot will be published as Last Call
- Description of www-style to be updated so that the first paragraph reads:
This mailing list is for technical discussion on Cascading Style Sheets
(CSS) and its specifications. All posts to this list must be about the
development of the CSS specification itself. This list is also the
preferred place for discussing working drafts that are published by W3C’s
CSS Working Group.
- Briefly discussed charter. Still waiting for feedback from Opera.
- Discussed CSS3 Fonts. John Daggett and Jason Cranford Teague want to merge
the CSS3 Web Fonts spec and the CSS3 Fonts spec because the CSS3 Fonts spec
needs to modify the font selection algorithm in WebFonts. Also, it seems only
about 20% of the functionality in WebFonts is needed in CSS, so that part
of the spec won’t be so long once trimmed. This would mean putting Web Fonts
as part of the CSS Charter; currently it is only in SVG’s charter. John and
Jason are having trouble contacting Chris Lilley.
- Discussed logo competition. Reviewed Jason’s “creative brief” of requirements
and guidelines for submissions. Several suggestions made about copyright
ownership, trademarkability, image formats and sizes, awards, and judging.
Current idea is to use an online voting process to narrow the field and let
the finalist be chosen by a group of judges considering but not bound to the
results of the online vote.
Full minutes Discuss on www-style
« Previous article
Next article »