XProc Agenda 09 Oct 2013

Meeting 238.

The XML Processing Model (XProc) WG will meet on Wednesday, 09 Oct 2013 at 10:00a EST (07:00a PST, 15:00GMT, 16:00CET) for one hour on the W3C Zakim Bridge, +1-617-761-6200 (or via SIP), passcode 97762# ("XPROC").

XProc uses the #xproc IRC channel on irc.w3.org:6665 (or via the web interface). The IRC channel is used for managing agendas, minutes, and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us there if at all possible.

See the XProc WG page for pointers to current documents and other information. If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

  1. Administrivia
    1. Roll call.
    2. Accept this agenda.
    3. Next meeting: 16 Oct 2013.
    4. Review of open action items:
      • A-227-01: Norm to review variable/option scope/shadow language and test cases
      • A-228-03: Norm to ask the commenter about the last paragraph of bug 20995
      • A-228-04: Norm to ask the submitter if any of them are higher priority that others
      • A-229-01: Norm to comment on 21002 with proposed wording.
      • A-229-02: Norm to make this point as a comment in bug 20995.
      • A-230-01: Henry to create dated and undated versions of the schemas and pipeline library in appropriate locations
      • A-230-02: Norm to propose errata along the lines described in msg 2013Mar/0028
      • A-230-03: Norm to propose the erratum to resolve bug 21003
      • A-230-04: Norm to propose the erratum to resolve bug 21004
      • A-230-06: Norm to put Henry's erratum text in the errata document
      • A-230-07: Norm to setup a test case for the optional option/p:namespaces binding and see what implementations do.
      • A-231-01: Norm to propose a resolution for bug 21007.
      • A-235-01: Alex to provide a use case for user-defined extension functions in XProc
      • A-235-01: Alex to prepare a note with the table of use cases and solutions from V1.
      • A-235-02: Henry to draft a revision to section 7 that provide instructions on how to specify what you want with respect to validation.
      • A-235-03: Henry to draft a revision of paragraph 3 in section 1.1 (or thereabouts) that makes explicit the fact that there are other facets (API, memory model, etc.) that are not relevant to this specification.
      • A-235-04: Norm to draft a new paragraph for 1.1 that makes our decision to ignore standalone explicit and provides a rationale for it (wrong default, often incorreclty used, largely useless)
      • A-235-05: Norm to change the XPP spec to replace the phrase "corresponding to ..." with something more direct.
      • A-235-06: Henry to remove the seventeenth-century capitalization in the XPP spec.
      • A-235-07: Norm to provide a definition of the word "profile".
      • A-235-08: Henry to respond to Michael about the distinction between reading and processing.
  2. Technical
    1. V.next requirements? Agree to publish the document drafted at the face-to-face?
  3. Any other business
$Author: NormanWalsh $
Last revised $Date: 2013-10-08 15:33:57 $