WAI UA Telecon for May 9th, 2002
Date: Thursday, 9 May 2002
Time: 2:00-3:30 pm Boston Local Time, USA (18:00-19:30
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617)
- Issue 544: Should we delete requirements re: fee links from UAAG 1.0
since not really part of Web today?
- Issue 543: [Clarification] 11.5: Forward/back one viewport for 2d
- Issue 542: [Clarification] 11.5: What does "refresh" mean, notably in
light of usage in 3.5
- Issue 541: [Clarification] 11.5 (default binding requirements):
Moving UI focus to address box sufficient
- Issue 540: [Editorial] 10.3 (indicate rendering progress): Clarify
that not about download progress, but position of viewport
- Issue 539: 11.6 (user profiles): Must the user profile be portable?
Does saving configurations suffice?
- Issue 538: [Editorial] Make checkpoint requirements distinct from
exceptions, sufficient conditions
- Issue 536: [Editorial] 9.7: Title is too forceful and doesn't
communicate key bit of checkpoint
- Issue 535: 9.4 (restore history): Must consider UA cache availability
- 534: [Clarification] 9.3 (Move content focus): Clarify that "each
element" refers to elements in set defined in provision 1
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Scribe: Ian Jacobs
- IJ: Send proposal for Guideline 10 modifications based on today's
- IJ: Propose text to the UAWG on conformance profiles for use by other
- IJ: Review UAAG 1.0 for which checkpoints should be "all formats" v.
"formats that are part of the claim".
- JG: Write up user scenarios for why non-text-based highlighting
important for users; notably which users.
for additional questions:
- JG: Clarify why "Max rating" used in some cases (in low
implementation experience section) and "Avg rating" in some cases. Also, delete
"+/-" with P (round down from G to P)
- JG: Contact developers for API requirements
- ALL: Send to the WG the top 5 things you need through an API.
Deadline: 4 April 2002
- IJ: Update issues list.
- RS: Write up paragraph about the importance of thread-safe access for
- IJ: Add a note to 12.2 (documentation) to remind people that APIs
- IJ: Update techniques document with RS
- HB: Find out what SVG WG is doing these days in the way of test
suites, and find out how to get UAAG 1.0 requirements incorporated.