W3C logo Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) logo

WAI UA Telecon for April 4th, 2002

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 4 April 2002
Time: 2:00-3:30 pm Boston Local Time, USA (18:00-19:30 UTC/GMT)
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items


  1. Next meeting 11 April


  1. Discussion of problems with requirements of Checkpoint 10.3 and 11.6 (may be propsal for document changes before the meeting)
  2. Ian's proposals based on UAAG evaluations with developers and AT meeting last week
  3. Implementation Report Update


Chair: Jon Gunderson

Scribe: Ian Jacobs

David Poehlman
Tim Lacy
Harvey Bigham

Lee Bateman
Jost Eckhardt
Rich Schwerdtfeger
Eric Hansen

Action Item Summary

Open Action Items

  1. RS: Write up paragraph about the importance of thread-safe access for in-process ATs.
  2. ALL: Send to the WG the top 5 things you need through an API.
    Deadline: 4 April 2002

New Action Items

  1. IJ: Send proposal for Guideline 10 modifications based on today's teleconference
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002AprJun/0027.html
  2. IJ: Add issue - should we delete fee link requirements in UAAG 1.0 since not part of today's Web?
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002AprJun/0027.html
  3. JG: Write up user scenarios for why non-text-based highlighting important for users; notably which users.
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002AprJun/0027.html
  4. IJ: Ask what the importance of in-process communication of the DOM to Rich and Aaron on the list. Should it be part of the requirement or be considered an implementation detail in certain environments?
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002AprJun/0027.html
  5. IJ: Propose text to the UAWG on conformance profiles for use by other specifcations.
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002AprJun/0027.html
  6. IJ: Add question to the issues list: Are there some requirements that must be satisfied for *all formats* corresponding to a given content type label, even when a claim is for fewer than all implemented formats corresponding to that label?
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002AprJun/0027.html

Completed Action Items

  1. IJ and JT: Coordinate on E-Monocle evaluation.
  2. RS: Talk to Arnaud Le Hors about C++ bindings, for re-raising in the DOM WG.


Copyright  ©  2002 W3C (MIT, INRIA, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.