W3C logo Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) logo

WAI UA Telecon for May 23rd, 2001

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Wednesday, 23 May 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items


Remaining Last Call Telecons:


See open issues in last call issues list


Chair:Jon Gunderson

Scribe: Ian Jacobs

Mickey Quenzer
Jim Allan
Gregory Rosmatia
Denis Anson
Tim Lacy

Eric Hansen
Harvey Bingham

Action Item Summary

Open Action Items

  1. IJ: Make mention of animations, text streams, and refresh in the document.
    Source: Minutes 19 April 2001 Teleconference
  2. IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to be one of the testers).
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137
  3. IJ: Revise proposal to address Issue #474.
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0164.html
  4. JG: Talk to AT developers about assistive technology about using accessibility API
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0161.html
  5. RS: Send pointer to information about universal access gateway to the WG.
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0258
    Done: Inivted Glenn Gorden, Hans Riesebos, Fraser Shein, Jim Fruchterman, Doug Geoffray, Cathy Laws and Ben Wiess
  6. GR: Review event checkpoints for techniques
  7. GR: Rewrite different markup (list of elements) that 2.9 applies to, for clarification.

New Action Items


Completed Action Items

  1. JG: Schedule a telecon with AT developers on changes
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0174.html
    Done: Inivted Glenn Gorden, Hans Riesebos, Fraser Shein, Jim Fruchterman, Doug Geoffray, Cathy Laws and Ben Wiess (see agenda for 31 May meeting for details)
  2. DP and GR: Produce an example scenario to justify this checkpoint 9.5 and to satisfy Issue #482
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0164
    Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0204
  3. DA: Write Loretta Reid for info about Adobe APIs used for accessibility, including security features
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0174
    Done: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0173 The following will be done in the next draft:
  4. IJ: Edit the text of checkpoints 2.1, 2.2, 8.1, and 8.2 so that UAs are not required to conform for all formats that are implemented.
    Source: Minutes 19 April 2001 Teleconference


Copyright  ©  2001 W3C (MIT, INRIA, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.