WAI UA Telecon for March 29th, 2001
Date: Thursday, 29 March 2001
Time: 2:00-3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
- Read the 23
March UAAG Working Draft.
- New list
for issues that will be considered in the next version of the
#468: 11.3 (single-key binding): "At least a majority" minimal requirement
#467: Checkpoints 3.2/3.7: User needs to be able to toggle off as well as on
(e.g., for a user with a cognitive disability).
#449: Create an executive summary for UAAG
- Last call scheduling options
- Vote to go to last call
- Techniques document review
Scribe: Ian Jacobs
- IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to
be one of the testers).
- TL: Ask someone from Microsoft whether they will evaluate the
guidelines with a product.
- TL: Report to WG on discussions at Microsoft about keyboard
- TL: I got a lot of shrugs and little interest about this. I'll send a
- CMN: Find out from SYMM WG whether repositioning of objects will
appear in the spec (or should be in UAAG).
- RS: Send pointer to information about universal access gateway to the
- IJ: Talk to Judy about this one as well.
- HB: Talk to EO about getting "How do people with disabilities use the
- IJ: Write an executive summary appendix.
- JG: Create
issue list for things that need to be addressed in the next version of the
- JG: Call Cindy King about formats that support separate windows for
- JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to use the same synthesizer
- JG: Take to WAI PF the requirement that formats need to provide a
more precise means for specifying events (than HTML allows for).
- JG: Write up some techniques for checkpoints on scripts on/off about
subsetting the configuration.
- JG: Take to the WAI CG the question of pursuing the DOM Views and