WAI UA Telecon for February 8th, 2001
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 8 Febraury 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
- Register for User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March
- Coordination of joint meetings with DOM and CSS
443: Checkpoint 1.4: Device indepdent access to pointer (mouse) specific
The document currently requires emulation of mouse-specific controls by virtue
of our requirement that the user must be able to do everything through the
a) Do we want to require the UA to
repair device-specific bindings specified by the author?
b) Do we have
evidence that the ability to simulate mouse events through the keyboard
benefits the user?
- Definition Issues:
- Issue 359: Definition: text content (incompatible with WCAG?)
- Issue 358: Definition: Equivalent
- Issue 322: The definition of the word element
- Issue 321: Equivalency relationships and the wording of
394: Checkpoint 2.1: Vague about what cannot be provided through a source
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Scribe: Ian Jacobs
- IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question
(equivalence, text element, etc.)
- IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to
be one of the testers).
- IJ: Send email to list asking for input on scope of checkpoint 1.1
including emulation of device specific behaviors
to Al Gilman at the next WAI CG meeting about a joint meeting with UA, PF, and
Voice WG (or participants) to discuss accessibility issues.
- JG: Implementation information for guideline 2
- JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to use the same synthesizer
- JG: Create issue list for things that need to be addressed in the
next version of the document
- JG: Ping AOL to see if they can attend
- GL: Ask someone from Microsoft whether they will evaluate the
guidelines with a product.
- JG: Send an outline of what should be in a executive summary.
- EH: Send thoughts on what should be in a executive summary.
- IJ: Write an executive summary appendix.
- JG: Ask WAI PF/WAI ER/WAI CG about their experience with repair of
device-specific event handlers and indicate that we are leaning towards
lowering the priority of repair here.
- RS: Find out what HPR's intentions are re: repair of device-specific
- KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and
number of items in search
- GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information
- JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation
- JG: Request bridge from Judy for 3-4 people
- MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the
techniques document based on OpenBook. (deadline open)