WAI UA Telecon for February 1st, 2001
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 1 Febraury 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
- Next User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March 2001
- All working group meeting coordination
455: Guideline 4: Change to "Ensure user control of presentation"?
456: Editorial: Need to clarify in section 3.2 that we do not mean system APIs
457: Checkpoint 5.4: Ambiguity about what exactly required: standard APIs
458: Do link highlighting requirements apply to all zones of an image map? What
is required granularity?
443: Checkpoint 1.4: Device indepdent access to pointer (mouse) specific
The document currently requires emulation of mouse-specific controls by virtue
of our requirement that the user must be able to do everything through the
a) Do we want to require the UA to
repair device-specific bindings specified by the author?
b) Do we have
evidence that the ability to simulate mouse events through the keyboard
benefits the user?
- Definition Issues:
- Issue 359: Definition: text content (incompatible with WCAG?)
- Issue 358: Definition: Equivalent
- Issue 322: The definition of the word element
- Issue 321: Equivalency relationships and the wording of
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Scribe: Ian Jacobs
- IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question
(equivalence, text element, etc.)
- IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to
be one of the testers).
to Al Gilman at the next WAI CG meeting about a joint meeting with UA, PF, and
Voice WG (or participants) to discuss accessibility issues.
- JG: Implementation information for guideline 2
- JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to use the same synthesizer
- JG: Create issue list for things that need to be addressed in the
next version of the document
- GL: Ask someone from Microsoft whether they will evaluate the
guidelines with a product.
- GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information
- JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation
- MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the
techniques document based on OpenBook. (deadline open)
- KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and
number of items in search
- JG: Ping AOL to see if they can attend
- JG: Request bridge from Judy for 3-4 people
- IJ: Send email to list asking for input on scope of checkpoint 1.1
including emulation of device specific behaviors
Add these resolutions for issue 324.
Will be part of next working draft
Add IJ proposed checkpoint for character set API support for issue
Ask Philippe Le Hegaret about read only suport for DOM style module and alert
- IJ and EH: to review the definition of "presentation" to possibly
- IJ: Implement "environment conventions" changes per resolution of
for next draft
- IJ and EH: Work on definition of "animation" that identifies
"animated image" as a special case. Also talks about script effects, style
sheets effects, markup languages as being able to create animations. (Blinking
not part of animations...?)
- JG: Request input on the resolution of issue 454
screen shots of directional techniques