WAI UA Telecon for January 4th, 2001
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 4 January 2001
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
- Next User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March 2001
- Looking for a UA representative at coordination group meeting on 27
Feburary at all working group meeting in Boston
- Update on glossary group formed in WCAG
- Update on joint meetings at all working group meeting
#421: Checkpoint 8.6: Clarification about intent required.
#422: Checkpoint 8.8: Clarification of usage of terms active element/focus +
#423: Checkpoint 9.3: Need min requirement for how/where conf information
#424: Checkpoint 9.3: Do author-specified shortcuts include active elements
that take mouse input?
#425: Checkoint 9.5: Need to emphasize more why different from 9.4
#426: Checkpoint 9.8: Clarify that brief sequences satisfy this checkpoint
#427: Checkpoint 10.1: HTML is not only accessible format
#428: Checkpoint 10.5: Add requirement that changes that affect accessibility
be part of dedicated documentation (10.4)
#429: New requirement: documentation of API for querying preferences.
#430: Checkpoint 3.2: Animations, not just animated images
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Scribe: Ian Jacobs
- IJ: Follow up with Greg Lowney on issue 389
- IJ: (Issue 387) Propose new wording for check point 8.4 reflecting
discussion on 28 November
- IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question
(equivalence, text element, etc.)
- IJ: Get wording from Martin for thisrequirement (e.g., "conform",
"implement", etc.) for issue 327
- IJ: Propose new checkpoints/modifiedcheckpoints for 8.2.
- IJ: Add some more explanation about the difference between 7.3
- IJ: Add to techniques a link to Adobe's accessible PDF information.
- IJ and AG: Revise the applicability provision and send to WG.
- IJ: Ask Adobe why this is hard (issue 382)
- IJ: 1.4 needs to be re-written in light of changes in checkpoint
- IJ: Proposed text in 2.1
- IJ: Add a note to 5.8 - content requirements may also apply to user
- IJ: Mention that resizing and overiding absolute values is part of
some specification in section 1.2
- IJ: Clarify the meaning of system colors
a) clarify "recognize style" in checkpoints 4.5
more rational - refer to WCAG - style less important than other content
add note 4.5 - give example of multimedia content that can be recognized as
- IJ: Add technique to checkpoint 4.12 to make clear that:
includes author-override if speech engine allows.
- This includes whatever
granularity offered by speech engine.
- IJ: Add a clarifying note to 4.11 that if you allow independent
control of all sources of audio, you satisfy the checkpoint as well.
- IJ: Add a P3 checkpoint on user control of windows that automatically
- IJ: Add a clarification to checkpoint 4.20 including:
- If a viewport includes other viewports, then this requirement
only applies to the topmost viewport.
- Add a Note that other requirements still apply to
- IJ: Delete second sentence from 4.21
- IJ: Add to end of first sentence "with which it overlaps" in
- IJ: Add "that benefit accessibility" to end of second sentence of
- IJ: Put a note in the definition of active element that this does not
include selection. (optional clarification note)
- IJ: Include selection and focus in note after 1.1 as examples of what
must be done.
- JG: Implementation information for guideline 2
- JG: Propose a list of things we areexpecting UAs to recognize in
- JG: Schedule face-to-face time with other WGs (need to contact voice
- JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to use the same synthesizer
- JG: Create issue list for things that need to be addressed in the
next version of the document
- GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation
- GR: Talk to Håkon about CSS support.
- GR: Talk to AFB about captioning and positioning
- JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation
- MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the
techniques document based on OpenBook.
- KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and
number of items in search
- IJ: Update 8.8 techniques.
- IJ: Put up UAWG meeting page for meeting week of technical plenary.
Link to Plenary meeting page.
- IJ: Ask Jason White for CSS implementation information for
Done: Asked T. V. Raman.
Publish new implementation report for the
- IJ: Improve
wording of note for 4.14 related to CSS
Draft new language for
Propose new checkpoints to see how it feels to harmonize the requirements
related to comments in issue
- IJ: Proposed
fixed wording for 7.5
- IJ: Evaluate
whether silent or invisible rendering has an impact on checkpoints other than
Propose resolution of issue