W3C logo Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) logo

WAI UA Telecon for April 25th, 2000

Chair: Ian Jacobs
Date: Tuesday, April 25th
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items


  1. Special joint UA/WC telecon on markup for navigation
  2. Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards by the United States ARCHITECTURAL AND TRANSPORTATION BARRIERS COMPLIANCE BOARD. Comments will be accepted until May 30th


  1. PR#278: Definition of "content", etc
  2. PR#277: Use DOM level 1 , if DOM level 2 recommendation is not ready in time http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#277
  3. PR#271: Checkpoint 4.7: Change to P2 since arbitrary repositioning not a requirement.
  4. PR#257: Difficult to know when a UA has conformed.
  5. PR#233: Checkpoint 7.6: What does "structure" mean here?
  6. PR#211: Do we need to say "alt equivs that have been marked up as such" in 2.1 and 2.5?
  7. PR#207: Interpretation checkpoint 2.1


Chair: Ian Jacobs

Scribe: Ian Jacobs

David Poehlman
Gregory Rosmaita
Mickey Quenzer
Kitch Barnicle
Rich Schwerdtfeger (after 45 mins)
Mark Novak (briefly)

Jon Gunderson
Madeleine Rothberg

Denis Anson
Hans Riesebos
Harvey Bingham
Jim Allan Charles

Action Items

Open Action Items

  1. IJ: Draft a preliminary executive summary/mini-FAQ for developers. (No deadline.)
  2. CMN: Propose a technique that explains how serialization plus navigation would suffice for Checkpoint 8.1.
  3. DA: Send name of new organization to list that was mentioned by some from the US Census Bureau
  4. DA: Review techniques for Guidelines 7 and 8
  5. DA: Get confirmation that the numbers for checkpoint 4.5 make sense
  6. DB: Get Tim Lacy to review G+
  7. GR: Look into which checkpoints would benefit from audio examples in the techniques document.
  8. GR: Review techniques for Sections 3.7 and 3.8
  9. GR: Send to list screen shot of JFW Window list.
  10. MQ: Review techniques for Guidelines 9 and 10
  11. MR: Send URI to Micrsoft's implementation of synchronized audio/video slowing down to the list
  12. RS, AG: Take notification of focus and view changes to PF as possible DOM 3 requirement.

New Action Items

  1. IJ: Update document based on 4/25/00 telecon resolutions
  2. IJ: Contact MR on importance of arbitrary repostioning in Checkpoint 4.7
  3. WG: Read EH's proposal related to content

Completed Action Items

  1. IJ: Propose new 4.15 and 4.16 to list
  2. AG: Propose wording that will encompass needs to reposition text equivalents
  3. AG: Propose a statement suitable for defining minimum requirements for structured navigation


Raw Minutes

Copyright  ©  2000 W3C (MIT, INRIA, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.