Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the RDWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Template for Symposium Main Web Page
From Research and Development Working Group Wiki
See also: Template for CfP Web Page
Online Symposium 00 Month 0000
[2-4 sentence intro (use exactly the same in CfP)]
- Submission deadline: 00 Month 0000
- Registration opens: about 2 weeks before the symposium
- Symposium: 00 Month 0000, probably 15:00-17:00 UTC
[make clear but not too ling -- probably only a couple paragrpahs]
[include as separate section if particularly relevant to this symposium]
[clear and succinct. probably 3-7 bullets]
Proceedings [comment out this section until proceedings are available]
Accepted paper contributions to the symposium will be announced here after the paper review period. Participants will be expected to read these papers before the symposium.
Call for Papers
We invite research and position papers of about 1,000 words. We encourage you to submit new research, ongoing research, and analysis of past research related to [topic].
Accepted papers will be published online in an attributable form as part of the symposium proceedings. Authors of accepted papers will be invited to participate in the symposium panel.
See the <a href="cfp">Call for Papers</a> for more information on scope, topics, paper submission, and dates.
You can participate in the symposium in several ways:
- E-mail before the symposium – sending <a href="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2012OctDec/0074.html" shape="rect">additional short contributions</a>, questions, and comments to the publicly-archived mailing list <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=[@@topic] comment" shape="rect">RDWG Comments, with subject starting "[topic]"</a>
- Phone conference – listening and contributing comments and questions during the symposium. Registered participants will receive dial-in instructions by e-mail.
- Live captioning - reading the captioning. (Transcripts will be provided after the symposium.)
- Chat – contributing comments and questions during the symposium. Please use a nickname that makes it easy to identify you when you have questions or make comments, for example, use your first and last name as nickname like this: "Firstname_Lastname".
We hope to address all questions and comments raised during the symposium although we cannot guarantee we will get to each one.
Registration to participate by phone will open about two weeks before the symposium date. Participation is free; spaces are limited. Participants are expected to read the papers (which will be online beforehand) before the symposium.
15:00-17:00 UTC (<a href="http://bit.ly/SqJ8fH" shape="rect">times in different locations</a>)
The agenda will be posted in @@Month. Generally it will be:
- Introduction to topic and symposium
- Panel discussion with paper authors
- <acronym title="questions and answers">Q&A</acronym> with participants
- Conclusion and next steps
To get notification of updated information on this and other RDWG symposia, see <a href="http://www.w3.org/WAI/about/announcements">Getting WAI Announcements</a>.
The Text Customization for Readability symposium is organized by the W3C WAI Research and Development Working Group (RDWG). For information about RDWG, see the <a href="http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/process">RDWG <acronym title="frequently asked questions">FAQ</acronym></a>. If you have additional questions, contact <a href="http://www.w3.org/People/shadi/">Shadi Abou-Zahra</a> (<acronym>W3C</acronym> Staff Contact).
- [Name (affiliation)]
- [Name (affiliation)]