Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the RDWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Symposium Timeline Calculator
The following is more a check list or todo list of how we expect a symposium to progress.
- -12 weeks - announce call for papers - This is the brief call for papers to let the community know a symposium is happening and the important dates.
- -10 weeks - solicit Scientific Committee - Secure the committee before the final email so you can include them on it.
- -08 weeks - final call for papers with scientific committee - An extended call with the Scientific Committee.
- -06 weeks - deadline for paper submissions
- -06 weeks - call for participation - This is a call to generate interest in attending the symposium but not presenting at it.
- -04 weeks - review feedback - This is the deadline for the committee to finish reviewing and supply comments back to authors.
- -03 weeks - deadline for final papers - The authors need to supply HTML and Guideline compliant Camera Ready Copies, and once received the programme should be created.
- -02 weeks - final call for participation, announcement of program, and registration opens - Email over all channels to generate more participants.
- -01 weeks - publication of accepted papers - Papers now need to be up on the Symposium site.
- 00 weeks - Day X - teleconference symposium.
- + 08 weeks - Internal Iterative Review.
- +10 weeks - Editors Draft of WG Note for review by the WG - You really need to get the note ready within 3 months.
- +12 weeks - WG approval for publication of the WG Note - The rest of these deadlines are make a cycle of edits and requests for comments.
- +14 weeks - Working Draft publication of the WG Note - "As above".
- +18 weeks - WG approval for publication of the WG Note - "As above".
- +20 weeks - Editor Draft of WG for review by the WG - "As above".
- +22 weeks - WG approval for publication of the WG Note - "As above".
- +24 weeks - Publication and announcement of the WG Note - "As above".
You can use the Online Google Spreadsheet to create the specific timeline for your symposium.