This Wiki page is edited by participants of the Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Task Force participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Our current mandate is to:
- Perform a Gap Analysis;
- create and suggest techniques; and
- create a roadmap.
What are we working on now?
Right now we are working on the Gap Analysis.
A module of the Gap Analysis is user research. We are getting it ready for the first working draft. Note that the current draft is on GitHub. See https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag/coga-gap-analysis-2014-fpwd/coga/user-research.html.
Also as part of the Gap Analysis we are:
- Identifying known and proposed techniques. See https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Techniques_and_Strategies_For_The_Cognitive_and_Learning_Disabilities_Accessibility_Task_Force_%28COGA%29
- Identifying specific issues that effect our users and need special consideration. These are issue papers.
the template is at See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Oct/att-0054/COGAIssuePaperTemplate.html. A collection of papers is at: Gap Analysis Issue Papers
- Name officially needs to include LD or CLL
- Term needed for "recommendations" in roadmap as "recommendations" is a reserved word in the W3C. (Suggestion: Proposals and/or Principles)
- Helping users improving skills is out of scope but useful for outreach
- We are avoiding the phrase ICT with other, Web related terms
- We can resolve small issues on the calls. Larger resolutions need to be approved on our list. We expect people to bring up opposition to resolution within 48 hours.
Other Relevant Links
Technologies to review
- Assistive technologies such as AAC and AAC core vocabularies
- Reading techs
- Adaptive technologies for learning
- APIP and IMS
- Daisy and epub
- Voice ML and menu systems
- Web Security (Including CAPTUR)
- WebRTC (real time communications)
- Access for all and GPII
- Debra Dahl
- Text Simplification
Also taken from HTML 5 wishlist:
- Full Transcript
- John Foliot is interested in exploring this.
- Media Descriptions
- John Foliot.
- Date UI Widgets
- Input type numeric
- Emotion Markup
- Debra Dahl
- Haptic Output
- Referencing UAAG
- Web Payments
- Footnotes, End notes, Annotations, Definitions
- ePub, ARIA
- Real Time Chat
- John Foliot
Authors of User group research modules
- Communication Difficulties and Disorders including non-vocal: Joshue O Connor Deborah Dahl, Avi Gloden and E.A. Draffan (Prev: Kinshuk)
- Dyslexia: Lisa Seeman
- ADD / ADHD: Neil Milliken, Jim Smith, Susann Keohane and Mary Jo Mueller (Prev: Barry Johnson, Katherine Mancuso, and Michel Fitos )
- Down Syndrome: John Foliot, Kate Dieble, Debra Ruh
- Aging and Dementia:Katie Haritos-Shea, Mary Jo Mueller, Neil Milliken and Susann Keohane(Prev:Elle Waters)
- Autism: John Rochford, Neil Milliken
- Dyscalculia: Neil Milliken.
Volunteer research groups: John Rochford