This Wiki page is edited by participants of the HTML Accessibility Task Force. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Task Force participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
HTML Accessibility Task Force
This is the HTML Accessibility Task Force Wiki. Content here is publicly viewable, but can only be edited by participants of the HTML Accessibility Task Force. Please visit the portal page to find out what is happening and what tasks need to be done. Visit the help page for general help.
The task force has sub groups to work on specific subjects in a focused manner. The following sub-groups are operating:
- AAPI Mapping
- ARIA Integration
- Bug Triage - resources related to bugs on this page have been moved to the bug triage page
- Text Alternatives
HTML Issues Under Discussion
- Accessibility Issues in the HTML5 Tracker. Listings by status (open, raised, closed, all plus actions). Some process info too.
- Face to Face meeting 6 - 7 April 2010
- Face to Face meeting 19 - 20 March 2011
Task Force Tools
- Canvas Mailing List Archives
- HTML Mailing List Archives
- WAI-XTECH List Archives
- Tracker for HTML WG
- Tracker for PF's XTech HTML5 Issues
- HTML WG Wiki (work on issues from 2007 to date)
- Latest public working draft of HTML 5
- Latest editor's draft of HTML 5
- HTML 5 Spec Review Summer 2011
Founding Documents and Policies
- HTML Accessibility Task Force Work Statement
- HTML Accessibility Task Force Consensus Procedures
- HTML Working Group Decision Policy
Any member of either the PFWG or the HTML WG may participate in the HTML Accessibility Task Force. However, all HTML Accessibility Task Force participants must become members of the HTML WG and accept the W3C's Patent Policy for the HTML WG as HTML WG members. Any work the Task Force may perform to accomodate WAI-ARIA within HTML 5 is thus covered.