This Wiki page is edited by participants of the HTML Accessibility Task Force. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Task Force participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
This wiki space is intended for the use of the Canvas API sub-group of the HTML Accessibility Task Force. Content in this wiki is developmental, and should be considered (and cited) as such.
Canvas Sub-Group Meetings & Minutes
Next meeting: Monday March 10th, 2014 at 6:00 PM Boston Time (use as reference)
The Canvas sub-team will meet on Mondays at 6:00 PM Boston Time until work is concluded. Meeting information is as follows:
- IRC: server: irc.w3.org, channel: #html-a11y.
- Zakim Code: 2119# (a11y#)
- Canvas Sub-Group Meeting Information
- Minutes from Canvas Sub-Group meetings
- drawFocusIfNeeded Testing
(for March 10th, 2014)
- agenda+ Summary of Canvas discussion at A11y TF Meeting
- agenda+ Review proposed draft for Hit Regions L1
- agenda+ Possible Coordination meeting at HTML WG F2F April 8-9
- agenda+ Next Meeting
Canvas Accessibility: Bugs, Issues & Proposals
(See also Canvas Accessibility Use Cases.)
Bug Walkthrough Status
- 23978 Informing the user shouldn't be optional
- 23978 in Minutes CLOSED
- 23980 drawSystemFocusRing and drawCustomFocusRing are poorly named (In discussion, Summary of focusRing method naming)
- 23980 in Minutes CLOSED
- 23981 AAPI and non-rectangular path
- 23981 in Minutes CLOSED
- 23982 Focus Ring out of canvas
- 23982 in Minutes SMALL CHANGE REMAINING
- 23983 Scrolling the focus into view
- 23983 in Minutes DONE (NEEDS REVIEW BY REPORTER)
- 23986 Current default path
- 23986 in Minutes CLOSED
- 23987 Empty path and drawSystemFocusRing
- 23987 in Minutes CLOSED
- 24340 Change reference to the phrases "focus ring" and "focus region" to "focus outline"
- 24340 in Minutes SMALL CHANGE REMAINING
It has been decided that the following bugs will not have the "a11ytf" keyword applied to them at this time. This does not mean the task force has no interest in them. But they are bugs with no immediate task force work plan. The task force may review them in the future.
- Canvas Element Accessibility Issues (2007 to date) - This HTML WG Wiki Page provides a detailed account of the Issue, Status, Use Cases, AT Support, Rationale, Proposed Solutions, Related E-mail.
- Canvas Change Proposals