This Wiki page is edited by participants of the HTML Accessibility Task Force. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Task Force participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Dropped from HTML5
From HTML accessibility task force Wiki
The following elements/features are at risk in HTML5. Should watch the progress of these elements/features to make sure their future doesn't impact accessibility. If so, we should consider remediating it in HTML5.1
- <command> and commands API
- <menu> and context menus feature (“contextmenu” attribute)
- <input type=color>
- <input type=datetime>, <input type=month>, <input type=week>, <input type=time>, <input type=datetime-local>
- <style scoped>
- <iframe seamless>
- Custom scheme and content handlers (registerProtocolHandler and registerContentHandler)
- Outline algorithm
- UA mechanism for navigating to resources linked to in cite="", see Bug 18915 for more.
- appcache (cf HTML f2f November 1 discussion)
- <a media> and <area media> - these media queries are not used