26 August 1999 - GL meeting
- Discussion of labeling and grouping navigation links.
Discussion of grouping and bypassing links in the techniques issues list
- From the UA call on 25 August 1999:
Checkpoint 1.5 is too specific. (Until user agents render text equivalents
for client-side image map links, provide redundant
text links for each active region of a client-side image map. [Priority 3])
The goal is not to render text links, but to make those links available.
I propose it should be reworded to something like: Make links available in a
Handling metadata. What should UA's do for metadata included by authors?
Is there any general schema?
- Raise awareness with AC Members about enhancing accessibility in HTML 4.01.
- WC: Propose techniques based on this discussion.
- IJ: Send proposal to GL list about broadening language of checkpoing 1.5
to refer to device-independence, not just text.
minutes are available through the mailing list archive.