12 August 1999 - GL meeting
- Summary of action items
- List of questions for Rob Neff
- Construct a list of questions we would like Rob Neff to answer
by collecting information from users. What questions do we want
him to ask them? What information do we want to gather? Rob is
working in the trenches with a variety of Web authors, including
secretaries who do not know much about HTML. The people he is running
into have a variety of issues with the guidelines. We want to collect as
much information as we can to make future versions of this document, or
supplementary material as easy and clear to use as possible.
- Resolve checkpoint 3.3 clarification
Jacobs' proposal from 28 July.
- Report on status of Browser Support Page.
- Report on status of Anne's action item to collect guidelines for
creating pages for learning and cognitively disabled.
- re: Partial support in browsers. Wendy and Ian will review the
meeting the new conditions. Ian and Jason will review the wording.
- CMN - EO should look at how to educate people how to upgrade
browsers to get the most accessible features.
- Ian to pursue browser support with Microsoft and Opera.
And others with information to post to the list.
- WC to link the matrix to the GL page.
- WC to send list of browser support page references to list.
- WC to find out about possible contact with netscape to get info from
them re: the browser support page. As well as contacting Al Gilman re:
Lynx and TV Raman re: Emacs.
The minutes are available through the mailing list archive.