Ideas for new GL charter
This document is to be used to keep track of issues that come up over the
next month as we discuss rechartering this group.
Wish list of deliverables
- Fleshed out browser support page (Note). March 2000 (so can highlight at
CSUN). Need to get browser developers involved. Work with UA group?
- Version of the guidelines that updates current thinking, fixes bugs, and
clarifies open issues (Recommendation).May 2000 (so can highlight at
- Updated Techniques doc with new structure and more extensive coverage of
techniques (Note). New structure should be complete by the end of November
(Ian). New techniques should be added by end of November (Charles, Wendy,
others?). Therefore, new release in November/December. Should see
another release that adds more XML, SMIL, SVG, etc. examples by March.
(Need volunteers who are knowledgeable in those areas).
- Impact matrix (Note). Finished by March so can highlight at CSUN. (Ian
Note that many of these have a March deadline so that we can highlight them
at CSUN. The other conference to aim for is WWW9. If we can get them done
before then, great, but drop dead deadline is CSUN.
- A face to face meeting early next year to discuss work on Techniques and
other deliverable. Preferably sometime in January so we can have documents
ready to highlight at CSUN in March.
- Another face to face a few months after that (March - at CSUN?) to
discuss progress. Most notably on next release of guidelines.
- Participation by new people, particularly developers.
Wish list for next version