ADVANCED DRAFT COPY
Page Author Check List - Version 8
Unified Web Site Accessibility Guidelines
[Required] - Required for some groups of users to access the
information on a page.
[Recommended] - Makes page easier to understand and use.
Tips and tricks to further enhance the usability of pages (Details)
- If after best efforts, any page is still not accessible, provide a link to an
alternative page which is accessible, has equivalent information, and is maintained with
the same frequency as the inaccessible page.
- Place distinguishing information at the beginning of headings, paragraphs, lists, etc.
to decrease the amount of sifting readers perform to find important information.
- Use the "title" attribute on horizontal rules
title="new section">, acronyms and abbreviations
web">WWW</abbr>, and very short sounds
- Replace ASCII art with an image and alternative text.
- Provide keyboard shortcuts for links.
- Create a single downloadable file for documents that exist as a series of separate
Good Web Site Design Practices