16 July 2001 - WAI ER WG Telecon

Minutes taken by Wendy


In Attendance:


The call began with Twilight Zone bridge problems: Chris and Sean were on the call, then WC joined at 5 after but heard no one. Chris redialed and found WC, said he'd been hanging on the bridge with SP for 6 minutes but got dropped. Then SP called and said he had been on a different bridge (yet the same that CR had been on). Tried dialing in CMN (mobile) with no luck. After about 20 minutes into the call, most of us were here and it seemed to be working.

  1. AERT open issues

    Please agree/disagree with decision I made to move issues to one group or another [1]. Primarily, does anyone remember issue 44 (http headers)? [2] [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2001Jul/0025.html [2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/ert-open-issues.html#44 CR agreed to respond on list.

  2. Test files (from Josh and Chris)

    Chris and Josh Krieger are working on test files to run evaluation and repair tools again. We'll then be able to compare results from files to make comparisons of tools. Good for gathering input for the comparison chart I've been wanting us to complete. These should be done two weeks from today.

  3. EARL adoption

    Sean is concerned about EARL being adopted. Chris suggested that he could create a tool that would gather input from the test files and generate results in EARL. This will be a good test of the primer and good feedback for Sean on what is missing or needed in the primer. Chris and Sean will talk this week, hopefully we'll have something to look at next week.

  4. A-prompt work Funding has run out for A-prompt. Chris will work for a couple more weeks to tie up some loose ends and then move on to another project. We're all sad to see this happen. Chris says it gives them a chance to sit back and plan where to go from here. Will likely have more funding by January.
  5. EO, comparison chart

    What other resources do we need to develop to help the community with ER tools? Chris is curious about marketing - should each tool market itself or should ER provide a database of some sort? Harvey thinks we should do more work with EO. WC agrees.

  6. Harvey is concerned that the UAAG conformance section makes no mention of EARL.

    He sent this in a note to Ian, Ian said that it EARL is not far enough long. Sean had talked with Ian a couple months ago. We at least agreed it ought to be mentioned informatively.

  7. Harvey was wondering what is happening with the WAVE?

    WC said that it sounded like the Temple folks had finally just located who was hosting the service and that it wasn't a Temple machine. Temple is still working to get it back online. Harvey asked about Kynn's offer to host. WC said to wait to see what happens with Temple. WC will talk with Judy.

Next Meeting:

Monday, July 23th, 2001 @ the usual time, on the MIT bridge +1 617-258-7910.

Telecon Details: Regularly scheduled ER WG calls are Mondays, 10:00 am to 11:30 am, Eastern USA Time
(GMT -05:00) on the MIT bridge (+1 617-258-7910), except when there's a joint ER WG/AU WG meeting that day.

Joint Meetings: Joint meetings with the AUWG are held the first Monday of each month,
except where noted, 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm, Eastern USA Time (GMT -05:00) on the MIT bridge (+1-617-258-7910)

Last Updated: $Date: 2001/07/16 19:40:04 $
by: Wendy Chisholm or Katie Haritos-Shea