From firstname.lastname@example.org Mon Oct 31 08:50:34 1994
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 1994 23:49:45 -0800
From: email@example.com (John M. Troyer)
Subject: ANNOUNCE troff2html v0.21
ANNOUNCING: TROFF2HTML V0.2
This is the v0.2 release of troff2html, a perl program to convert
troff markup to HTML (hypertext markup language) for the World Wide
Web. Despite its name and my good intentions, v0.2 of troff2html only
supports the me macros. It has not been tested with groff.
I'm working on support for ms and man macros. Since I don't use troff
much anymore (I've switched to LaTeX), I'm working very slowly on
this. Any feedback on the current state of the program will motivate
me to get the rest of this out the door and off my back. Comments,
bugs, patches, and wish-lists please to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A troff2html information page is available.
troff2html is availble via ftp and WWW.
* understands -me macros
* understands strings and sourced files
* output from preprocessors (eqn, tbl, etc.) can be run through
nroff or inlined as GIF files.
* translates all iso-8859-1 entities
* Table of Contents configurable
* Navigation bar configurable
* splitting by section level configurable
* (relatively) easy to add your own macros
* understands -ms, -man macros
* recognizes cross-references in man pages
* html-only/troff-only text for slightly different hypertext/paper
* customization will be cleaned up
* simple macro parsing