QL'98 - Frequently Asked Questions
- Are joint position papers involving two or more companies acceptable?
- Are position papers by W3C working groups acceptable?
- This is welcome but as an addition: in this case, even few lines
with your particular company needs (if any) and a reference to the
wg position are fine.
- What equipment will be available for presentations?
- There will be a projector for connection to your pc, and of course also
an overhead projector for normal transparencies. To whose of you that
need an internet connection, an Inspiron 3200 laptop with a 28.8k modem
connection will be available, running Windows'98 with
both Internet Explorer and Netscape
Navigator (contact the chair at email@example.com
in case you need this special equipment for your presentation).
- Will the proceedings of the conference be publicly available on the web?
- Yes, they will be published on the web by W3C. Printed copies will be available too.
- Is everything in QL'98 public?
- No, eventual minutes and reports from the discussions, as well as a
final document summarizing the
outcome of the conference and the suggested future actions,
will be kept member confidential. If you are an invited expert, you are
required bona fide to stick to the confidentiality agreement.
This policy can be later changed if the participating W3C members decide so.
- I have a technical question on query languages that I'd like to discuss with other interested people, what should I do?
- Send the email to the W3C query languages mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have a general question on the conference, who do I have to contact?
- The chair (email@example.com). Don't write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org as not everyone might not be interested in getting dozens of email with
the questions of other people.
If it's something relevant to everybody, I'll repost the
relevant information on the mailing list, and possibly put it in the FAQ.
- I have a question concerning my registration, who do I have to contact?
- Susan Hardy (email@example.com).
- I want to give a presentation of my position paper, who do I have to contact?
- The chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- I can't make it for the two days of the conference. Can I
come one day only?
- Yes, the registration page allows you to register for one day only,
at your choice.
- I registered myself using the QL'98 registration form.
How can I be sure everyhting is ok?
- If your registration has been successfully processed, you should
have received a final confirmation email with your registration.
Few days after that, your name should also appear in the QL'98
- I want to change my registration information, is it possible?
- Yes, the registration page allows you also to change your data, just
reuse your validation code.
- Does the registration include the hotel registration?
- No, you have to take care of the hotel registration separately. Look at
the call for participation for a list of available hotels.
- Is the QL'98 mailing list moderated?
- Only for unsubscribed people, see the mailing list page for details.
- Will the mailing list stay after the conference?
- Yes, the mailing list is for general discussion on query languages,
not only for the conference management.
- Is it cold in Boston?
- Yes. Bring gloves with you...
If you can't find what you want here, try to have a look at the
call for participation.
Massimo Marchiori (email@example.com).
Last modified: Wed Jan 7 12:58:41 EST 2004