As announced previously, there will be a meeting of the Public Policy Interest Group and Electronic Commerce Interest Group on January 6-8 in Seattle, Washington, USA. These meetings are being hosted by Microsoft. The Security Interest Group Meeting has been cancelled.
Registration is required.
The Edgewater Inn
2411 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121
- General Hotel listing
- The Edgewater, 2411 Alaskan Way, Pier 67. Seattle, 98121 tele: 206-728-7000
- Sheraton Seattle, 1400 6th Ave. Seattle 98101 tele: 206-621-9000
- Westin Hotel, 1900 5th Ave. Seattle, 98101. tele: 20-728-1000
- Hotel Monaco Seattle, 1101 4th Ave. Seattle, 98101 tele: 206-621-1770
- Four Season's Olympic Hotel, 411 University St. Seattle, 98101. tele: 206-621-1700
- Inn at the Market, 86 Pine St. Seattle, 98101 (corner of 1st & Pine) tele: 206-443-3600
- Paramount Hotel, 724 Pine St. Seattle, WA 98101 tele: 206-292-9500
- Fly into Seattle-Tacoma Airport
Each meeting will include a morning of invited presentations and an opportunity for member companies to report on their activities. There will be a lunch designed to promote networking among the attendees and invited guests, and the afternoon will be for member companies to advise W3C on how best to address the issues raised in the morning. A brief synopsis of the meetings is as follows:
Tuesday January 6: Public Policy Interest Group
The focus will be on privacy issues.
FLASH: Security Interest Group Meeting previously planned for Wednesday has been Cancelled
The Security Interest Group meeting planned for 7 January, 1998 has been canceled. We anticipated insufficient content to merit the significant amount of travel involved for many members, after the fairly thorough set of presentations made at the last meeting. We apologize for any problems caused by this late notification.
Thursday January 8: Electronic Commerce Interest Group
The focus of the meeting will be EDI on the Web through XML.
Dress for the meetings is business casual.
More information on the Technology and Society Interest Groups