1. Document Object Model Requirements
1.9 Security, Validity and Privacy
Security, validity, and privacy considerations are
interrelated and entwined. DOM Level 1 will provide simple
"sandbox"security; subsequent levels are expected to
incorporate more sophisticated mechanisms.
- Each object must be responsible for maintaining its
own internal consistency.
- It must be safe to have multiple threads
operating on the same object.
- Object locking must be incorporated to ensure
- It must be possible to prevent scripts on one
page from accessing another page.
- Firewall boundaries must be respected.
- It must be possible to restrict access and
navigation to specific elements.
- [After Level 1] An external security
API will be provided.